miércoles, 12 de enero de 2011

One History of me


It was starting October of 2007 and a boy couldn’t spend too much money due to a noble and nostalgic reason: save money to get some Christmas presents, not big deal!.
Yes, I was young and in some way energetic and pure hearted, but that alone couldn’t solve my economic problems, so I had to decide if it was a good idea to get working and begin to save money. The main problem that I had was the question: “What I could do?” well, at nowadays I could say that everyone can do whatever they like as long that everyone enjoys it and dominates that action, but at that time, I didn’t know what to do and I didn’t have something like a special ability that I could use in order to work, the only available reason was to work in a fast food restaurant, but the pay didn’t seemed so well (10 pesos per hour) and I didn’t have enough time with all the work that I had to do for school, so the thing that I figured was that I needed to work in school, but the question transformed into how.
Fortunately I got an idea, I believe that was one of the most important choices that I had (not as important as studying “animation and digital arts”), and I also say that it sounded silly but was the only way to work in school, so I started to sell cookies in school.
I know that you who are reading this could be asking if it was a success or if it wasn’t, I am a believer of hard work and in the beginning it wasn’t really hard, but as long as I was advancing to a new I noticed that it was harder and harder to sell the cookies due to the people attitude or the  price of the box of cookies (the box augmented the price each semester) but the good thing was that at least in December of 2007 I could get the presents that I wanted for the people that deserved them, but sadly in my fourth semester of high school (August-November of 2008) I decided to stop selling if the sells continue to drop, but something interesting happened, until that date I was known as “the guy who sells cookies” but I didn’t had a nickname, but a  teacher that was a client of mine gave me one, so I got the nickname of Cookie-Man and for my surprise I really got known by some people in the  school, and the people bought my cookies due to I got a little bit famous, although they didn’t know my product at the beginning.
So every time that I see that teacher I say thanks for everything that he thought me and for the nickname, he is like a godfather, but the most important things that I learned was the hard work that someone has to do in order to achieve something, how someone has to treat people and to be patient, and still right now I sell cookies, but the money is not the main reason, this work just became a hobby, a hobby that could let me know a girl that is worth for fighting for her love, but that story hasn’t ended yet.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario